Tuesday, June 29, 2010

My Baby's First Birthday!

I am so happy to say that I now officially have a 1-year-old on my hands! It's hard to believe that it's already gone by. Teeny Bug is such a wonderful little girl and I could not be more happy with her. She makes me laugh, smile, and remember to be happy. I love her so much and I'm so happy she was sent to DBop and I.

Some facts about Teeny Bug at one year:
1) She is not walking yet. But maybe she just has a hard time letting go of crawling. ;)
2) She knows how to wave, clap her hands, and shake her head "no."
3) She still takes 2, 2 1/2 hour naps and sleeps 12 hours at night (woo hoo!).
4) She loves to bite when playing around.
5) She LOVES bath time! She gets so excited watching the tub fill up with water.
6) She goes on walks with mom and dad all the time and when we stop the stroller, she leans back and forth like she wants to keep going.
7) She has 7 teeth.
8) She will not drink any juice.
9) She LOVES watermelon. Right now, she will only eat that with cheerios.
10) She is actually small for her age. Considering she was in the 95th% when she was born, that's so strange.
10) She still fits into some 3-6 month clothes.
11) She loves to "bob" for toys. She tries to pick things up with her mouth instead of her hands.
12) She loves to empty out boxes or baskets.
13) She loves to be near me at all times.
14) She will cuddle only when she's tired.
15) She will stare and laugh at me while I'm wearing my glasses.
16) She loves to rub her face on soft things.
17) Sometimes, she'll giggle for no reason.
18) She knows how to dance!
19) She will not cry when she first wakes up, but will stay and play in her crib.
20) She is the sweetest, lovable, most enjoyable girl I've ever met! And she's mine!

Then......





And now....



Love you baby girl!

6 Comments:

Aaron, Whitney, and kids said...

Oh my goodness she is SO CUTE! You don't post enough pictures of her because I was actually surprised by how old she looks. She's beautiful. Happy birthday Maggie!

Joe and Laurie Denton said...

What a beautiful girl! I can not believe how much she is starting to look like her mother. I can not believe how content she is, which is also how her mom was as a baby as well. I love how she still crosses her toes in the last picture. We miss her and you guys so much. Happy Birthday Maggie!

Clint and Gillian said...

Happy birthday Maggie girl! I can't believe she's already one! Congrats to the happy mom and dad for raising her well this whole year...now keep it up!!! :) Love you guys!

Pierson family said...

What a change! Happy Birthday cute girl!!!

Amy Tree said...

cute little chunky thighs, I love it!

Jurgen and Analia said...

Congratulations!! Isn't it amazing to be a mother? I love it!