Friday, July 9, 2010

Teeny Bug's Birthday (only a little bit) and Update on Our Garden

First, I only have a few pictures of Teeny Bug's birthday so far, so I'll post those. DBop and I bought her a baby pool that she played in for a little bit, and then we bought her a little cake.

A few decorations


Waiting for her cake.


She likes to poke at things, I guess it was no surprise that she did it to the cake haha


When she was all finished. I swear she had a sugar high that night.

I'll post some more about it when I get more pictures up.


Next, our garden is actually doing really well! We have had at least a little bit of everything show up, although we are missing a few cucumbers and a potato plant, but I think that's pretty good, considering we're first timers.

We have 2 kinds of squash, cucumbers, carrots, 2 kinds of peas, 2 kinds of potatoes, and corn.


We decided to put up the sticks with strings as trellises for our peas, which seem to be working pretty well.


In the potted plants, we have strawberries, 2 kinds of bell peppers, tomatoes, parsley, and basil.


I didn't know how these would turn out, but I really like these gerberas! The more they bloom, the prettier they get.

4 Comments:

Joe and Laurie Denton said...

Yeah!!! I am so glad you posted some pictures. I love the one with Maggie poking her cake, her face is so funny! Your decorations were so fun and cute too. I'm glad that it turned out well. I am so sad that we missed it. Love and miss you guys so much!

Shaylen said...

Your garden looks great! We have a garden too!! :D I will have to take pictures of ours! We had so many weeds this time around it was crazy! I think they are finally under control. We planted green beans, carrots, squash, red potatoes and onions. So far it is looking good.

Mallory Hanna said...

That's an amazing garden! I wish we could have one! And I can't believe it has been a year already!

Tina Braegger said...

Cute pictures! Way to go with gardening..that is a true talent! I am very impressed! :)