I have been reading a book called "What the Scriptures Teach Us About Raising a Child" and it has made me look at my children in a totally different light. Each page I read makes me realize how important they really are and how to be a better parent. I've never read anything like it. One chapter I read about was Praise and Validation and how we need to appreciate our children even for the little things. I look at these sweet little people and wonder how I could ever complained about them at any point. I've realized my words and actions affect them and I don't ever want them to think I didn't appreciate them.
Things I love about Teeny Bug:
1) She is ALWAYS smiling (except in the picture above, haha).
2) She loves figuring out how things work.
3) She helps me with Monkey by handing me his blankets, burp clothes, and binkies.
4) She sings and dances all the time.
5) She is starting to talk a lot and understands what we're saying.
6) She loves closing doors.
7) Any time she is not tired but is supposed to go to sleep, she will stay and talk in her crib until she is tired.
8) She wakes up in a good mood every day.
9) She runs over to DBop when he gets home from work.
10) She is always doing something silly.
11) She knows how to roll her belly like a belly dancer.
12) She thinks it's funny when she walks around with a blanket over her head.
13) She loves hats and shoes.
14) She loves trying new things and copies mommy and daddy.
15) Her big, blue eyes.
16) And much, MUCH more!


Things I love about Monkey:
1) He wakes up with a huge smile.
2) He always giggles when we come and get him out of bed.
3) He lets Teeny Bug do whatever she wants to him and doesn't cry if it hurts (I swear I'm not a bad mom, but Teeny Bug sure is quick!).
4) He is such a snuggle bug.
5) He loves being pulled into bed with me in the morning for another hour of sleep before I have to get up.
6) He's got such cute little, chunky legs.
7) He is so calm and goes with the flow.
8) His eyes are gorgeous.
9) He loves watching the ceiling fan.
10) He smiles when he takes a bath or when he gets his diaper changed.
11) And much, MUCH more!
I am so blessed to have these wonderful little spirits in my home and they make my life so full. My life is wonderful.
Tuesday, January 11, 2011
I LOVE my Children!
Posted by Elle at 9:55 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 Comment:
oh so sweet! I love the part about Ryder's chunky little legs =)
Post a Comment