Wednesday, September 2, 2009

My poor out-of-shape postpartum body

These last few days, I've really thought about starting to run again, but yesterday I actually went and did it. And let me tell you....



I felt like a hippo! It was rough.

I know it's really hard to keep going when you're out of shape.... but I'm determined! I'll follow up in a week or so and hopefully I'll feel the same way.

9 Comments:

Clint and Gillian said...

Good luck my dear! :)

Carol said...

Be patient and take it slow....it'll come back before you know it!!!

Double D said...

It is so rough...good thing these kids are beautiful and make it so worth it! I say just take it one day at a time and never go more than two days without a work out. Soon you will be back to your cute shape...

Krista & Tyler said...

BA-HAHAHA Leighanne, that's the best picture of a hippo I've ever seen. And ya know what? Even those of us who haven't given birth recently feel the same way :) Except, you look way better.

Ciao! hope you're doing great! xoxo

Unknown said...

That's funny, I ran for the first time last night. It was not was I was hoping for.

Alli said...

Totally relate. I've been running to try to get my weight off as well... it's been working, so keep up the good work!

Anna and Dusty said...

Noooooo, sorry, not working here. You look too darn good girl, and I mean gooOOOod. Nothing comparable to hippo… but good luck anyway, even though you don’t need it, you can come shake that booty by my house anytime.

Meghan Elms said...

well if you want to die for like a week and half there is this thing called P90X and Stephen and I have been doing it and I feel great!! The results aren't that obvious yet but let me tell you... ITS WORKING!!
My best friends sister did this after her baby was born and she is a hottie!!

Unknown said...

You can do it...1 year ago I was 192 pounds...today I am 165. When I started running a year ago it took me about 18 minutes to run a mile and a half; well today I can do it in 11 minutes. Imagine yourself meeting that goal...no better feeling than that!