Saturday, February 7, 2009

I Love My Husband!


I think it's about time that I brag about the wonderful man I married! Having a baby really makes me realize how unbelievably lucky I am.

First off, a couple weeks ago, DBop was talking to his dad (I don't know if he knew I was listening) and he was saying how nice it is to come home to a wife who has cleaned and made dinner for him. He said the only thing he wants to do when he gets home is watch tv with me. Even after 1 year, which I know is not long at all, he still likes me!! Which I have to agree with him though. I would rather be with him doing nothing than anything else I can think of. We have so much fun together and we never get irritated with each other. I definitely married my best friend.

I also think he's more excited about the baby than I am!! Every time I read "What to Expect," the famous book, he wants to know what the baby is doing each week. When we had our ultrasound a few weeks ago, he sent the picture to everyone he knew and he would not stop talking about it for the next week. I'm so glad that he's so excited to be a dad. It's the best thing I could ask for. He says he can't wait to come home and have a baby crawl over to him after work and how excited they'll be every day to see each other. He's just so amazing.

I also love him for his knowledge in the gospel. He's always telling me something I've never heard before and he's always reading his scriptures to learn more. He's always the one who remembers to say prayers and to do the every day things we're supposed to. He's such a good example not only for me but for our children later on.

I am so blessed to have him in my life and I honestly don't think I could live without him. Trust me, the three weeks we were apart were NOT fun. But I thank Heavenly Father every day for him and the opportunity I have to be married to him.

3 Comments:

Carol said...

Very nice leighanne. Yippee for great husbands!!!! I've got one too!!

Jurgen and Analia said...

I'm so happy for you! (and I say it from the bottom of my heart) Is there something better than families? no!

I have also a great husband and I'm so happy with him.

We are truly blessed. I cannot imagine how hard would be to be married to someone who doesn't want to work in the marriage or not having the gospel (for that eternal perspective)

Alli said...

You are so sweet. I loved this post. I might copy you. It's so easy to get caught up in life and not realize the great things you have right in front of you.

I am sending out baby shower invitations. I wish you were here so you could come! You wont be in town on the 21st will you??